Desktop Image: McDowell, Amanda M.
Mobile Image: McDowell, Amanda M.
Amanda McDowell represents a wide variety of clients in complex litigation and appeals. She represents plaintiffs and defendants in a broad range of matters, including intellectual property disputes, class action, securities litigation, business disputes, and trusts and estates litigation. She has also worked as a law clerk for an appellate judge on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to attending law school, Amanda was a professional tennis player and competed in tournaments around the world.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2016
U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia
J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, 2015, summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- Executive Symposium Editor, Georgia Law Review
B.S., International Affairs, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010, with highest honors
- Dean’s List
- NCAA Team National Championship, 2007, Women’s Tennis
- NCAA Individual Singles Champion, 2008, Women’s Tennis
- Team Captain, 2008-2010, Women’s Tennis
Memberships & Affiliations
- Volunteer Attorney, Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
- Volunteer Attorney, Northwest Immigrant Rights Project (NWIRP)
- Volunteer Assistant Coach, University of Washington, Seattle, 2015-2016
- Law Clerk, Hon. Richard C. Tallman, U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, Seattle, 2015-2016
- Summer Associate, Alston & Bird LLP, Atlanta, 2014
- Teaching Assistant, Professor Harlan G. Cohen and Professor Camilla E. Watson, University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Ga., 2014
- Summer Associate, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP, Atlanta, 2013
- Summer Intern, Hon. Timothy C. Batten, Sr., U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia, Atlanta, 2013
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.