Rich Rawson focuses his practice on business immigration matters. He helps U.S. employers hire and retain top global talent by advising on and preparing temporary nonimmigrant visa petitions and green card applications for all types of employees, including multinational executives, software engineers, research scientists, physicians, nurses, university professors, performing artists, and many other types of professional and skilled workers. Rich also advises clients on immigration compliance issues, including I-9 audits and immigration issues relating to mergers and acquisitions.
Rich has represented major hospitals, research institutes, universities, performing arts organizations, restaurants, architectural firms, high-tech firms, and global construction and transportation companies. He is chair of the firm’s Immigration practice group.
Admitted to Practice
M.S.F.S. and J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1980, cum laude
- Senior Lead Articles Editor, Georgetown's International Law Journal, Law and Policy in International Business
B.A., Stanford University, 1974, with distinction
Memberships & Affiliations
- Chair, DWT Immigration Practice Group
- Past Board Member; Current Pro Bono Attorney – Washington Medical Legal Partnership
- Past Treasurer, Board Member – Japan America Society of the State of Washington
- Past Chair, Washington Chapter, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Past Chair, International Law and Practice Section, Washington State Bar Association
- Named one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Immigration (Washington), 2007-2022; Received "Band 1" ranking, 2012-2022
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Immigration Law by Best Lawyers, 2009-present
- Named one of the "Top 87 Business Lawyers" in Immigration Law, by Seattle Business Monthly, 2008
- Named one of "155 Top Lawyers" by Seattle Magazine and Seattle Business Monthly, 2007