Desktop Image: Reece Joe
Mobile Image: Reece Joe
Mergers & acquisitions
Sales of two businesses, each of which had work in locations throughout the United States and beyond its borders, and each sold to Native American Tribal entities. Organized a team of lawyers within and outside the firm for each to deal with complicated issues including sovereign immunity, taxes, and government contracting.
Corporate advice and counsel
Representing Valley Hospital Association for years through the formation of a for-profit/nonprofit joint-venture, a physician syndication, the spinoff of two related businesses, the sale of a subsidiary, corporate compliance and governance issues, real estate sales and acquisitions, and more, as it grew and developed.
Advising Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Seritage Growth Properties in transition of Anchorage Sears Mall property, including modification of ground lease and reciprocal easement agreements with adjacent mall owner, and planning and zoning approval of building modification.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court District of Alaska
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
J.D., Gonzaga University School of Law, 1981, cum laude
- Associate Editor, Gonzaga Law Review
Certificate, Russian Language, Defense Language Institute, 1972
B.A., French, Loyola University New Orleans, 1970, magna cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board member, Real Estate Section, Alaska Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Anchorage Bar Association
- Named one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Real Estate (Alaska), 2004-2018; Corporate/M&A (Alaska) by Chambers USA, 2004-2018; Received "Band 1" ranking for Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions, 2012-2018
- Selected by Best Lawyers as Anchorage's "Lawyer of the Year" in Corporate Law, 2016; both Corporate Law and M&A Litigation, 2018
- Selected to "Top 10 Alaska Super Lawyers," Thomson Reuters, 2013-2015, 2017-2018
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Real Estate Law by Best Lawyers, 2006-present; named in Corporate Law, 2009-present
- Selected to "Alaska Super Lawyers" in Business/Corporate and Real Estate, Thomson Reuters, 2009-2018
- Awarded AV Preeminent Rating by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.