Desktop Image: Reynolds, Alexander B.
Mobile Image: Reynolds, Alexander B.
Alex Reynolds, CIPP/US, works collaboratively with clients to identify their privacy and security problems and creates holistic strategies to solve them. When providing advice, Alex seeks to leverage existing resources or discover new ones if the situation requires, recognizes when other DWT experts should be engaged to make efficient use of clients’ time, and happily engages in as much or as little project management as clients need. Alex’s legal expertise focuses on privacy and security compliance with international law, implementing privacy and security in contracts, and designing data-governance programs to respond to legal obligations.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) service provider management
Developed a large corporation’s “playbook” for use by its internal and outside counsel to manage data-processing agreements between the client and its thousands of service providers, and provided tailored advice for nonstandard transactions.
Data Governance for California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) compliance
Authored guidance documents for a large telecommunications provider explaining CCPA compliance requirements and including a roadmap.
International breach response
Coordinated with European counsel to identify GDPR breach notification obligations and draft notification documents, taking into account the client’s risk profile and ambiguities in the law.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 2018
J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2012
- Production Editor, Journal of Law and Technology, (formerly CommLaw Conspectus)
B.A., Media Studies, University of Virginia, 2006, cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals, CIPP/US
- Consumer Advisory Committee, Federal Communications Commission, 2013-2016
- Disability Advisory Committee, Federal Communications Commission, 2015-2016
- Director, Regulatory Affairs, Consumer Technology Association, Arlington, Va., 2013-2016
- Government Affairs Counsel, The Wireless Infrastructure Association, Alexandria, Va., 2012-2013
- Legal Intern, House of Representatives, Energy and Commerce Committee, Subcommittee on Communications and Technology, Washington, D.C., 2011
- Legal Intern, Google, Washington, D.C., 2011
- Legal Intern, Federal Communications Commission, Office of Commissioner Clyburn; Legal Intern, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, Washington, D.C., 2010
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.