Mig Schaaf focuses her practice on leases of retail, restaurant, office, healthcare, and industrial properties, representing tenants and landlords in dozens of transactions each year. She helps her clients understand the risks and opportunities inherent in leases and related documents (such as subordination agreements, estoppel certificates, amendments), identify and prioritize key issues, and effectively negotiate to an end result that maximizes her clients’ interests. Unlike many types of legal documents, leases form the basis of a new relationship between landlord and tenant that can last for years or even decades – Mig works hard to launch that relationship well and ensure its strength over the long haul.
Mig's clients have included: Bank of America, Charlie’s Produce, Digipen, Eastern Mountain Sports, Hot Topic, J. Crew, PATH, Qualcomm, The Pokémon Company, Rodda Paint Co., The Seattle Times, Seattle Art Museum, Providence Health System, Rover.com, Sightlife, Starbucks Coffee Company, Thirsty Lion, Tom Douglas Restaurants, T-Mobile, Virginia Mason Medical Center and Western Peterbilt.
Tom Douglas Restaurants
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of California, Los Angeles, School of Law
- UCLA Law Review
B.A., University of California, Berkeley, with highest honors
- Phi Beta Kappa
Memberships & Affiliations
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- American Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Session Member, Elder for Personnel, 2012-present – Bethany Presbyterian Church
- Board Operations Committee, 2007-2008; Board Member, 2001-2008; Chair, Education Committee, 2004-2007; Executive Committee, 2004-2007 – Seattle Children’s Theatre
- Board Member, 1985-1992; Vice President, Finance, 1989-1991 – YWCA of Seattle-King County