Christine Sun counsels media and entertainment clients on title clearance, trademark advice, and IP enforcement. She is experienced with preparing, prosecuting, and maintaining U.S. and foreign trademark applications, as well as executing trademark filing strategies and managing trademark portfolios. Christine is further experienced with drafting and prosecuting patent applications and is licensed to practice before the USPTO.
Experienced with conducting and analyzing trademark searches for worldwide trademark clearance, along with drafting memoranda as to availability for adoption and use. Analyzed potential infringement and enforced global trademark rights through opposition and cancellation proceedings, cease-and-desist letters, and negotiation of co-existence agreements.
Patent and IP
Experienced with drafting and prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications, particularly in the field of pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Drafted appeal and reply briefs arguing legal and factual issues before the PTAB. Negotiated and drafted IP licensing, co-existence, and consent agreements.
Admitted to Practice
New Jersey, 2013
New York, 2014
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2016
J.D., Seton Hall University School of Law, 2013
- Associate Editor and Executive Committee Head, Seton Hall Circuit Review
- Intellectual Property Law Association
B.S., Biology, Rutgers University, 2010
- Honors College
Memberships & Affiliations
- Volunteer, Samaritan Homeless Interim Program, 2006-present
- Associate, Ladas & Parry LLP, New York, 2017-2021
- Associate, Florek & Endres PLLC, New York, 2014-2017
- Judicial Law Clerk, Hon. Paul W. Armstrong, Criminal Division, Superior Court of New Jersey, Somerset County, Somerville, N.J., 2013-2014
- Law Clerk, Bergen County District Ethics Committee, Hackensack, N.J., 2012-2013
- Legal Intern, Litigation Bureau, New York State Office of the Attorney General, New York, 2012
- Judicial Intern, Hon. Paul W. Armstrong, Criminal Division, Superior Court of New Jersey, Somerset County, Somerville, N.J., 2011