Jim Topinka leverages his background as a corporate lawyer and litigator to more effectively guide clients in achieving their business objectives while mitigating risk. He has the experience and knowledge to avoid litigation altogether, or, when appropriate, to use litigation surgically to accomplish business objectives.
Jim has extensive experience in corporate and financial transactions, with a focus on cross-border transactions and corporate governance. He represents clients in technology and branded consumer products, and is a frequent adviser to entrepreneurs, helping them to build, grow, govern, and sell their businesses.
- Joint ventures in China, South America, Australia, Africa, and the EU
- Corporate venture investments
- Sale of digital photonics division of Japanese public company to Chinese public buyer
- Sale of automotive software company to U.S. public company
- Investments in mesh networking and digital imaging companies
- Development of corporate risk analyses
Admitted to Practice
LL.M., Harvard Law School
J.D., Stanford Law School
B.A., Dartmouth College