Maggie Vining counsels high-net-worth individuals, business owners, and families in trusts and estates matters. She advises on wealth transfer, estate, gift, and business succession planning, and represents clients in the administration of trusts and estates. Margaret also works with tax-exempt organizations and charitable foundations.
Maggie's areas of focus include:
- Advises clients in all aspects of wealth transfer
- Creates succession plans for multigenerational family businesses
- Advises clients regarding lifetime gifts of family business interests
- Creates new nonprofit organizations and prepares applications for tax exempt status
- Structures complex trusts to benefit multiple generations and implements funding strategies
- Represents clients in the administration of complex trusts and estates
- Advises high-net-worth clients regarding charitable giving options
- Structures traditional estate plans for high net-worth individuals with taxable estates
Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2003
- Editorial Board, Virginia Journal of International Law
- Co-Founder, Virginia Law Women of Color
B.A., East Asian Studies, Yale University
Memberships & Affiliations
- Programs and CLE Committee, Sustainable Future Section, Oregon State Bar
- Executive Committee, Estate Planning and Administration Section, Oregon State Bar
- Associate, Holland & Knight, LLP, Portland, Ore.
- Associate, Davis Polk & Wardwell, New York, N.Y.