Mobile Image: placeholder for no bio photo
Celyra Workman counsels and litigates on behalf of media and entertainment clients on content-related issues with respect to right of publicity, music licensing, DMCA actions, copyright ownership, termination of transfers, derivative work, and trademark issues. Her experience includes copyright and trademark litigation on behalf of major apparel, technology, and media companies, and she is further experienced with trademark enforcement before the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board (TTAB) and federal courts.
Counsels clients on content licensing and the creative limits of adapting IP for film, television, and book publishing.
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 2021
New York, 2022
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2020
- Program Director, Georgetown Art Law Association
- Diversity and Outreach Director, Women's Legal Alliance
B.S., Psychology, University of Central Florida, 2017
- Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology
- National Achievement Scholar
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Copyright Society, 2021-present
- Intellectual Property Law Section, American Bar Association, 2021-present
- Associate, 2021-2022; Summer Associate, 2019 – Venable LLP, Washington, D.C., 2021-2022
- Student Attorney, Georgetown Law Intellectual Property and Information Policy Clinic, Washington, D.C., 2020
- Intellectual Property and Media Law Intern, National Public Radio, Washington, D.C., 2019
- Legal Intern, Recording Industry Association of America, Washington, D.C., 2019
- Trademark Intern, Office of General Counsel, American Red Cross, Washington, D.C., 2018
- Law Clerk, U.S. Attorneys' Office, Washington, D.C., 2018
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.