Mobile Image: placeholder for no bio photo
Heming Xu litigates and arbitrates matters involving intellectual property, commercial transactions, and white-collar investigations. His experience includes defense of e-commerce and social media platforms, patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, publicity rights, and idea submission disputes, inter partes proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, intellectual property enforcement, anti-counterfeiting, and IP portfolio management.
E-commerce and social media platform defense
Secured multiple dismissals while defending e-commerce and social media platforms against a wide variety of claims, including those involving allegations of trademark, copyright, and publicity rights infringements.
Intellectual property clearances
Performed high-profile IP clearance assessments for multiple international brands, including for national broadcast advertising, global product launches, and social media campaigns.
Complex commercial litigation and arbitration
Secured multiple seven-figure judgments and favorable settlements in complex commercial and cross-border disputes that touched upon diverse industries ranging from telecommunications to auto manufacturing.
*Denotes experience prior to joining Davis Wright Tremaine
Admitted to Practice
9th Circuit Court of Appeals
5th Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. District Court Southern District of California
U.S. District Court Central District of California
Memberships & Affiliations
- Secretary, Board of Directors, Asian Pacific American Dispute Resolution Center, 2016-present
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Ambassador; Executive Committee Member – Silicon Beach Group, ProVisors, 2019-present
- Associate, Zuber Lawler LLP, Los Angeles, 2020-2021
- Associate, Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP, Beverly Hills, Calif., 2019-2020
- Associate, Zuber Lawler & Del Duca LLP, Los Angeles, 2016-2019
- Associate, 2015-2016; Summer Associate, 2013 – Irell and Manella LLP, Los Angeles
- Judicial Clerk, Hon. Edward Chávez, New Mexico Supreme Court, Santa Fe, N.M., 2014-2015
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.