Alexandra Barrage leverages her years of legal and policymaking experience with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), as well as over a decade advising clients in the private sector on corporate bankruptcy matters, to provide financial institutions and technology companies with strategic advice on matters including prudential regulation, bankruptcy, digital assets, and related legislative and regulatory developments.
Equipped with a forward-thinking and analytical point of view, Alex identifies key issues and trade-offs and is skilled at driving consensus. Alex co-leads DWT's Crypto Working Group and counsels clients on resolution planning, regulatory risk, third-party risk management, digital assets, and bankruptcy matters. She is actively involved with several industry organizations in responding to bank regulatory and crypto developments, and has provided technical assistance to congressional staff on developing digital asset legislation.
During her time as an Associate Director with the FDIC, Alex served as the Division of Complex Institution Supervision and Resolution's lead regulatory policy expert, focusing on U.S. and global regulatory issues impacting systemically important banking institutions. She worked closely with Federal Reserve staff on resolution plan rules, related guidance, and feedback letters, and also supported interagency operational resilience work. Her role included engaging directly with banking institutions and trade associations, coordinating with supervisory colleagues on bank engagements, FDIC, and interagency rule implementation, and providing technical assistance to congressional staff.
Regulatory engagement and advice
Interagency and interdivisional collaboration
Policymaking and communication
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2000
- Barrister's Council
- Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
B.A., Williams College, 1997, cum laude
- National Hispanic Scholar
- Winner of Berkshire Symphony Concerto Competition
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fundraiser, Endure to Cure Pediatric Cancer Foundation, 2018-present
- After Arts Group, Member
- Burton Distinguished Writing Award, Library of Congress, 2010
- Transaction of the Year Award, Turnaround Management Association, 2011
- Associate Director, Policy and Data Analytics, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Washington, D.C., 2017-2021
- Senior Resolution Policy Specialist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Washington, D.C., 2015-2017
- Counsel, Legal Division, Complex Financial Institutions Section, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Washington, D.C., 2014-2015
- Of Counsel, Business Restructuring and Insolvency Group, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Washington, D.C., 2003-2014
- Associate, Financial Restructuring Group, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP, New York, 2001-2003