Desktop Image: Donohue, Michael J.
Mobile Image: Donohue, Michael J.
Michael J. Donohue
I love technology and working with creative tech clients.
Mike Donohue works closely with clients to protect their creative developments. With an emphasis on telecommunications, electrical, computer hardware and software, nanotechnology, mechanical, and biomedical patent matters, Mike counsels clients in strategic planning and the development of a strong patent portfolio that protects a client’s IP assets.
Mike uses his extensive engineering experience to work with universities conducting cutting-edge research, telecom clients developing the next generation of communication technologies, and international clients around the world and across a range of technologies.
Patent services for telecom clients
Assisted client in the development of Wi-Fi technologies that resulted in the largest Wi-Fi installation in the world. Obtained patent protection for novel Wi-Fi streaming technologies in large venues.
International patent experience
Represented a leading European avionics company in obtaining patent protection for a wide range of technologies, including aeronautical measurement, control, and communication technologies.
Patent services for national universities and laboratories
Represented U.S. and international universities and governmental research laboratories in obtaining patent protection for medical imaging technologies, including MRI; optics including noncontact metrology of optical surfaces; nanotechnology for energy storage; and measurement equipment and techniques for measuring linear and nonlinear auditory responses.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, cum laude
B.S., Electrical Engineering, Purdue University
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Association of University Technology Managers
- Washington State Patent Law Association
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Patent Law by Best Lawyers, 2019-present; in Technology Law, 2022-present
- Partner, SEED Intellectual Property Law Group and predecessor Seed and Berry
- Research and development positions with the Communication Sciences Division of the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, Purdue University Department of Audiology & Speech Sciences, and the University of Washington School of Medicine
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.