Scott MacCormack focuses his practice on business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, project development, and finance for medium to large enterprises.
Scott serves as principal outside counsel to several Northwest-based businesses.
He has significant experience representing borrowers in syndicated credit facilities, acting as project counsel for energy, infrastructure, and maritime projects, and in merger and acquisition transactions involving highly regulated industries.
His experience includes:
- Debt and equity security offerings
- Private equity investments
- Borrower representation in large credit facilities
- Acquisitions and mergers involving financial institutions, banks, airlines, utilities, maritime and fishing businesses, owners of energy facilities, and other regulated businesses
- Structuring commercial and derivative transactions involving financial products and commodities
- Providing general corporate and business advice to commercial ventures
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1992, magna cum laude
- Order of the Coif
B.A., Columbia University, 1989
Memberships & Affiliations
- Executive Committee, Business Law Section, Washington State Bar Association
- Chair, Legal Opinions Committee, Washington State Bar Association
- UCC Committee, Washington State Bar Association
- Association Advisory Board, Working Group on Legal Opinions
- Executive Editor, Washington State Bar Deskbook on Partnership Law
- Editor, Washington State Bar Deskbook on UCC Revised Article 9
- Management Committee, Pocock Rowing Center
- Selected by Best Lawyers as Seattle's "Lawyer of the Year" in Energy Law, 2015, 2019
- Named as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" by Best Lawyers, 2013-present