Warren Rheaume represents clients in complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on intellectual property and technology disputes. In more than 30 years of practice, he has litigated and tried a wide variety of matters, including patent, copyright, trademark, noncompetition, and trade secret cases. Warren represents clients from a diverse group of industries, including computer hardware and software, cloud computing, online content, aviation, consumer retailing, and medical devices.
In addition to his civil litigation work, he maintains an active mediation practice serving as the neutral in state and federal cases. Warren is also a member of DWT’s Breach Response Team (dwt.com/IncidentResponse). Prior to coming to Davis Wright in 2008, Warren was a partner at Heller Ehrman, and before that, at Foster, Pepper & Shefelman.
Warren is married with four sons. He and his wife enjoy scuba diving and aviation.
Mediation - Serving as the Mediator
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 1983
B.A., Gonzaga University, 1978, cum laude
Memberships & Affiliations
- Selection Panel, Washington Super Lawyers Blue Ribbon, 2012
- Co-chair, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee – Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Washington
- Co-chair, Sixth and Seventh Annual Conference on Computer Law – Washington State Bar Association
- Litigation, Intellectual Property, and Science and Technology Sections; Computer Litigation Committee – American Bar Association
- Past Chair, Intellectual Property Litigation Section, Federal Bar Association for the Western District of Washington
- Founding Member, American Intellectual Property Inns of Court, Seattle
- Named one of "America’s Leading Lawyers for Business" in Intellectual Property (Washington) by Chambers USA, 2005-2019; Received "Band 1" ranking, 2012, 2013, 2016; Received "Senior Statesmen" ranking, 2017-2019
- Named one of the "Leading Patent Practitioner" by Intellectual Asset Management magazine, 2012
- Selected by Best Lawyers as Seattle's "Lawyer of the Year" in Trade Secrets Law, 2018
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Intellectual Property Law by Best Lawyers, 2007-present
- Selected to "Top 100 Washington Super Lawyers," 2011
- Selected to "Washington Super Lawyers," Thomson Reuters, 1997-2019
- Named among the "Top Lawyers" in Intellectual Property by Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, 2010, 2012, 2015
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5, 1986-present
- Named to "The World's Leading Patent Practitioners" by IAM Patent 1000, 2013
- Avvo rated