Desktop Image: Shapiro, Marni J.
Mobile Image: Shapiro, Marni J.
Marni J. Shapiro
Marni Shapiro has more than 40 years of experience as a paralegal and joined DWT in 2001. Marni has paralegal experience in litigation, media and First Amendment law, communications law, and intellectual property law.
- Cite checks, Bluebooks, Shepardizes, and proofreads legal memoranda and briefs
- Files electronic documents with state and federal courts
- Handles case document control and organization; determines and monitors deadlines
- Conducts fact research, as well as basic legal research and drafting of basic legal documents
- Organizes and reviews documents for responsiveness and privilege and makes productions; drafts privilege logs
- Coordinates e-discovery, document productions, and related document database systems
- Assists attorneys with preparation for depositions, hearings, and trials
- Researches and monitors related litigation and legislation
- Researches availability/ownership of trademarks, service marks, and copyright registrations
B.A., Georgetown University, 1976
- Compliance Administrator, Prism Communication Services Inc., 1999-2001
- Paralegal, Piper & Marbury (now DLA Piper), 1983-1999
- Paralegal, Pierson, Ball & Dowd - regulation and intellectual property matters; served as firm's recruitment coordinator, 1976-1983