Media Contact: Barrie Handy, 206.757.8494 or firstname.lastname@example.orgPORTLAND, ORE., NOV. 18, 2010 — Twenty-two attorneys from Davis Wright Tremaine’s Portland office have been selected by their peers to the 2010 Oregon "Super Lawyers" and "Rising Stars" lists. Special recognition went to Carol Bernick, who was named to the "Top 25 Women Super Lawyers” and “Top 10 Super Lawyers” lists for Oregon.
The results of the survey, conducted by Thomson Reuters, Legal, appear in November issues of Oregon Super Lawyers Magazine, The Oregonian newspaper, and online at www.superlawyers.com.
Davis Wright Tremaine attorneys selected to the Oregon Super Lawyers list include:
- Carol J. Bernick – Employment Litigation: Defense
- William A. Birdwell – Intellectual Property Litigation
- Larry B. Burke – Environmental Litigation
- Richard M. Glick – Environmental
- Eugene L. Grant – Real Estate
- Patrick J. Green – Estate Planning & Probate
- Stuart C. Harris – Employee Benefits/ERISA
- Gregory S. Hathaway – Land Use/Zoning
- Everett W. Jack – Business Litigation
- Christopher P. Koback – Real Estate
- Robert D. Newell – Business Litigation
- Daniel E. O’Leary – Environmental Litigation
- Michael C. Phillips – Securities & Corporate Finance
- Thomas S. Smith – Real Estate
- Timothy R. Volpert – Business Litigation
Davis Wright Tremaine attorneys selected to the Oregon Rising Stars list include:
- John B. Benazzi – Real Estate
- Amelia E. Heath – Estate Planning & Probate
- Nicholas A. Kampars – Employment & Labor
- Kevin H. Kono – Civil Litigation Defense
- Matthew D. Larson – Mergers & Acquisitions
- Orlando Medina – Business/Corporate
- Sheila Fox Morrison – Intellectual Property
As conducted by Thomson Reuters, Legal, Super Lawyers are found through an extensive research and survey process, starting with peer nominations. From this selection, less than the top five percent of Oregon’s attorneys are named to Super Lawyers.
The selection process for Rising Stars is similar to the Super Lawyers selection process, except candidates must be 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of Oregon lawyers are named Rising Stars.
For more information on Super Lawyer or Rising Star listings, visit www.superlawyers.com.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national law firm with more than 500 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. For more information, visit www.dwt.com.