Contact: Mark Fefer, Marketing Communications, 206.757.8583 or email@example.com
JUNE 22, 2015 – For the fifth consecutive year, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP has been awarded Gold Certification by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF), recognizing the significant number of women in top leadership positions at the firm.
WILEF, a nationally recognized educational venue for women in the largest law firms and corporate law departments, awarded its Gold Certification so far this year to just 44 of the country’s largest law firms.
Law firms with 200 or more practicing lawyers in the U.S. are eligible for Gold Certification if they meet at least four of the following six criteria:
- Women account for at least 20% of equity partners or, alternatively, 33% or more of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months.
- Women represent at least 10% of firm chairs and office managing partners.
- Women make up at least 20% of the firm's primary governance committee.
- Woman represent 20% or more of the firm's compensation committee.
- Women represent at least 10% of the top half of the most highly compensated partners.
- Women make up at least 25% of practice group leaders or department heads.
Davis Wright Tremaine met the first five of these criteria.
For more on the firm’s efforts to promote diversity, read our latest Diversity & Inclusion Report, at dwt.com/diversity.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national law firm with approximately 500 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. For more information, visit www.dwt.com.