Contact: Mark Fefer, Marketing Communications, 206.757.8583 or [email protected]
JUNE 12, 2017 – The Women in Law Empowerment Forum, which recognizes and promotes advancement of women in the legal profession, has announced that Davis Wright Tremaine is one of just seven firms in the country that met all of the organization’s criteria this year for Gold Standard certification.
WILEF awards Gold Standard status to major firms that meet at least four of the following benchmarks for representation of women at the firm:
- 20 percent of U.S. equity partners or, alternatively, one-third of attorneys who became U.S. equity partners within the previous 12 months, are women;
- 15 percent of the heads of the firm and its U.S. branch office heads combined are women;
- 20 percent of the members of the firm’s primary governance committee are women;
- 20 percent of the members of the committee that determines equity partner compensation are women;
- 25 percent of U.S. practice group leaders/department heads are women;
- 15 percent of the top half of U.S. equity partners in terms of compensation are women;
- 7 percent of U.S. women equity partners are women of color and/or 3.5 percent of them are LGBT.
Only seven firms nationwide met all seven of the WILEF Gold Certification criteria. Davis Wright Tremaine was one of them.
Women leaders at the firm include the vice-chair of our executive committee, the partners-in-charge at our New York and Los Angeles offices, and the chair of our largest practice team.
Davis Wright Tremaine has achieved Gold Standard certification every year since WILEF inaugurated the award in 2011.
The firm’s commitment to advancing women extends beyond the walls of the firm and includes Project W, a multi-faceted initiative to help women advance their careers, launch successful companies, and achieve parity in the workplace.
For more on Davis Wright Tremaine’s efforts to promote diversity, read our latest Diversity & Inclusion Report at https://diversity.dwt.com/files/Uploads/Documents/Reports/DiversityReport17.pdf
For more about Project W, visit https://www.dwt.com/ProjectW/.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national law firm with more than 550 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. For more information, visit www.dwt.com.