Contact: Neda Riskin, 212.603.6484 or email@example.com
DEC. 20, 2019 – The Women Entrepreneurs Boot Camp (WEB), created by Davis Wright Tremaine LLP to provide women founders with tools for success, is expanding to the West Coast and has released a call for applicants to be part of the first Seattle WEB cohort.
Women founders are invited to apply to WEB by January 10. Those selected will spend February 10 at Davis Wright Tremaine's Seattle offices with VCs, business executives, and other experts, who'll provide the insights, feedback, and skill-building that founders need to get from seed to Series A.
"WEB has a demonstrated track record of impact and outcomes and has graduated four impressive cohorts through its programs in New York," said Lynn Loacker, a longtime corporate transactions attorney at Davis Wright Tremaine who conceived of and oversees WEB. "We're looking to amplify those results by bringing WEB to Seattle as we continue to help female founders across the country scale their businesses to get Series A-ready."
More than 75 companies, from 15 industries and 18 cities, have already participated in WEB. Here's just some of what they've had to say:
- "This was an incredible opportunity to learn how fellow founders articulate their value and confront challenges…. [T]he amazing energy and supportive atmosphere made me feel more confident about continuing our momentum." Jessica Riegel, Co-Founder & CEO of Motivote
- "Thanks to WEB for curating a phenomenal line-up. I can't say enough great things about my experience and strongly recommend the program to every female startup founder." Evelyne White, Co-Founder & CEO of SixPlus
- "Everything you really need to get from Seed to Series A, all rolled into one day—and an incredible opportunity to meet a powerhouse tribe of female founders who are all dealing with the same growing pains as you." Diane Lansinger, Founder & CEO of SEEVA Technologies
- "WEB had actionable insights for how to combat bias that female CEOs face when raising capital." Michelle Bacharach, Founder & CEO of FINDMINE
- "With so many entrepreneur coaching and educational initiatives available, the creators of WEB have approached their programming by truly thinking of the entrepreneur first." Christina Rene, CEO & Co-Founder of Space in the Raw
Participants in the WEB 2020 program in Seattle will:
- Learn how to refine their go-to-market strategy, optimize their distribution channels, and build strategic partnerships.
- Hear from an accomplished founder and Series A investor about their shared journey in the fundraising process and beyond.
- Get insights into how Series A investors evaluate a potential investment and the metrics that are key to demonstrating high growth potential.
- Learn how to make the transition from Founder to CEO.
- Have the opportunity to present their business model to Series A investors and get real-time feedback.
More information about WEB, including bios of the distinguished faculty and a link to the application, can be found here.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national law firm with more than 550 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. WEB is a program of Davis Wright Tremaine's Project W, a multifaceted firmwide initiative that seeks to provide women entrepreneurs the tools, connections, and expertise necessary to build successful businesses. For more information, visit www.dwt.com.