JANUARY 13, 2020 – For the fourth consecutive year, Davis Wright Tremaine has been named a national "Practice Group of the Year" in Media and Entertainment by Law360.
The firm was recognized for numerous client successes this past year that include:
- Successfully defending BuzzFeed in a Florida defamation case arising from publication of the politically explosive "Steele dossier."
- Winning dismissal of a former Trump aide's $100 million defamation claim against Gizmodo Media Group.
- Winning a 4th Circuit published decision, upholding dismissal of a defamation suit filed by a Virginia gun rights organization arising from a documentary film narrated by Katie Couric.
- Winning dismissal of a right of publicity complaint arising from Microsoft's popular Xbox franchise, "Gears of War."
- Winning dismissal of a Wall Street performance coach's copyright infringement suit against the makers of the hit Showtime series "Billions."
The team also had significant wins on behalf of clients in the advertising, book publishing, music, and motion picture industries, among others.
Davis Wright Tremaine's media and entertainment group is one of the largest in the nation. The group is the only one in the country ranked in Band 1 (the top ranking) by Chambers USA in all three of the major media and entertainment industry centers—L.A., New York, and Washington, D.C.
Other recent recognition for the team includes the following:
- The firm was named "Law Firm of the Year" in Media Law and Copyright Law by Best Law Firms and U.S. News.
- Kate Bolger was named a Law360 "MVP of the Year" in Media and Entertainment.
- Rachel Strom was named a "Rising Star" by the New York Law Journal.
- Lisa Zycherman was named a D.C. "Rising Star" by the National Law Journal.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is a national, full-service law firm with more than 550 lawyers. For more information, visit www.dwt.com.