OCT. 4, 2022 – Kelli Sager, a renowned media and entertainment litigator in the Los Angeles office of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, has been named one of California's Top 100 Lawyers by The Daily Journal.
The Journal noted that Sager "has had a very good year" and highlighted a string of important client wins, including the following:
- In December 2021, Sager won a motion to dismiss a lawsuit by MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, claiming he was defamed by a MailOnline article linking him romantically with actress Jane Krakowski.
- Also in December 2021, a judge awarded more than $75,000 in fees and costs to CNBC, Authentic Entertainment, and related defendants, after Sager won dismissal, on two SLAPP motions, of claims arising from plaintiff's appearance on the show "Listing Impossible."
- In February, Sager won her motion for summary judgment in a defamation suit against ABC filed by former coal executive and West Virginia GOP Senate primary candidate Don Blankenship.
- In May, an appellate court ruled in favor of an anti-SLAPP motion Sager had filed for Fox Television to halt a lawsuit by a prominent plastic surgeon accused of insurance fraud and medical battery.
- In August, Blac Chyna abandoned her appeal of an adverse anti-SLAPP ruling in favor of Sager's client, TMZ.
Sager's extraordinary client advocacy has earned her a long list of honors over the course of her 3+ decades of practice. Earlier this year, The Hollywood Reporter named her to its list of Top 100 Power Lawyers for the ninth time. Sager is also one of only two lawyers nationwide recognized as a Star Individual in First Amendment Litigation by Chambers USA.
About Davis Wright Tremaine
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is an AmLaw 100 law firm with approximately 600 lawyers representing clients based throughout the United States and around the world. The firm is widely recognized as having one of the leading media and entertainment groups in the country. Learn more at www.dwt.com.