The Privacy Oracle consolidates significant U.S. legislative and regulatory developments at the state and federal level into a single publication. In this month’s issue, we offer:
- An update on Maine’s ISP privacy bill, which is moving quickly through the state legislature.
- A summary of a new bill in Hawaii to restrict the “sale” of location data and the private business practices that may be motivating desire for such regulation.
- An analysis of the FTC’s proposed changes to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Safeguards Rule, which requires financial institutions to implement a written information security program to protect customer personal information.
- A high-level roundup of draft state consumer privacy legislation.
- An exploration of the private right of action contained in Massachusetts’s proposed biometric data law.
- Part 2 in our series of practical tips for updating contracts to designate external parties as service providers under the CCPA.