The Privacy Oracle consolidates significant U.S. legislative and regulatory developments at the state and federal level into a single publication. In this month’s issue, we offer:
- Analysis of the dimming prospects of passage of additional state or federal privacy legislation during the 2019 session.
- An update on the slate of potential amendments to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other data privacy and security bills pending before the California legislature.
- A deep-dive into a recent Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court case that raises new questions about what confidential data can be derived from records that look innocuous. A high-level roundup of draft state consumer privacy legislation.
- Insights on the practical implication of Nevada’s SB 220 and its interaction with CCPA obligations.
- Nancy Libin, Partner, Washington, D.C.
firstname.lastname@example.org // 202.973.4218
- Rachel Marmor, Counsel, New York, N.Y.
email@example.com // 212.603.6401