The Privacy Oracle consolidates significant U.S. legislative and regulatory developments at the state and federal level into a single publication. In this month’s issue, we offer:
- Analysis of whether, with federal legislation seemingly stalled, anything is likely to emerge from Congress this fall.
- Updates on the six remaining CCPA amendments that could pass before the law goes into effect next year—and how you can intelligently prepare to comply with a law whose text is still up in the air.
- A back-to-school update on the recent inquiry letters sent to education technology companies and data brokers and the concerns expressed about student privacy.
- "Hey Google, Are You Listening?": Google Faces Multiple Lawsuits Related to Voice Recordings by Google Assistant.
- Practitioners' Corner explains the meaning of de-identification, anonymization, and aggregation in the post-GDPR world.
- Nancy Libin, Partner, Washington, D.C.
firstname.lastname@example.org // 202.973.4218
- Rachel Marmor, Counsel, New York, N.Y.
email@example.com // 212.603.6401
- Christopher Savage, Partner, Washington, D.C.
firstname.lastname@example.org // 202.973.4211