Co-editor, California Employment Law Deskbook, 3rd Ed.
With one of the largest and most sophisticated employment practices in the West, Davis Wright Tremaine partners with its clients to meet the challenges of managing employees. We understand that an organization must skillfully address harassment complaints, ensure equal employment opportunity, implement safety compliance, handle family and medical leaves, manage performance and terminations, and train managers to deal with all of this—all while staying on top of ever changing federal and state laws.
We have assembled our knowledge in our popular Employment Law Deskbook Series. Human resources professionals, corporate counsel and other in-house attorneys have come to rely on these comprehensive reference tools. Our best seller, the Washington Employment Law Deskbook, now in its 17th edition, has been aiding state employers since 1987.
The deskbooks provide clear and concise explanations of legal requirements, sample employment policies and forms to use for quick reference. Each book comes with a searchable CD.
- Employee information and privacy
- Health issues: substance abuse, AIDS and smoking
- Employment discrimination law
- Wrongful discharge
- Responding to union organizing
- Conducting workplace investigations
- Wage and hour laws
- Special public employer considerations
- Unemployment compensation
- Workers compensation
- Occupational safety and health
- Garnishment and other wage levies
- Non-competition agreements
- State and federal leave laws
- WARN (plant closing) laws
- Record retention and notice postings