Panel Speaker, "Can Government Help Save the Press?" The Progress & Freedom Foundation (audio)
Davis Wright Tremaine media and First Amendment attorney Robert Corn-Revere joined a panel of experts to discuss the FCC's new "Future of Media" proceeding and debate what role government should play in subsidizing the press or potentially bailing out failing media enterprises.
Additional panelists included:
- Charlie Firestone, executive director of the Aspen Institute Communications and Society Program
- Kurt Wimmer, partner at Covington & Burling
- Andrew Jay Schwartzman, senior vice president and policy director at Media Access Project
- Craig L. Parshall, senior vice president and general counsel of the National Religious Broadcasters
- Adam Thierer (moderator), president of The Progress & Freedom Foundation
You may also view the transcript here.