Most owner-operators start with the premise that they will have a family member run the family business. Increasingly, they turn to outside leadership for this task. In this panel, we will covered the following questions:
- Why are family members turning to outside leadership and how does this happen?
- What are the criteria/parameters?
- What are some of the key issues/factors that determine outside leadership success or failure?
- What lessons/stories can we learn from our expert non-family leaders on the panel?
- Tom Markl, CEO, Nelson Real Estate Management LLC
- Nevil Hermer, President, Wilmar Corporation
- Mae Numata, COO, Schnitzer Investment Company
The panel was moderated by Ron Dohr, Principal of Dohr Family Business Consulting LLC, and Rich Simmonds, Principal of Simmonds Associates LLC.