This discussion centered on how family businesses can create a culture of innovation in order to improve profitability and facilitate growth. Panelists Melanie Dulbecco, CEO of Torani, Christien Coors-Ficeli, Director of Molson Coors and Helen Bulwik, Partner at Newport Board Group discussed how creative family business leaders inspire their employees to "think outside the box."
The panel touched on lessons learned from Estee Lauder, Levi Strauss, Molson Coors, Torani, and others, discussing:
- How founders can support change and how they get in the way
- The decision to bring in outside management
- Creating participation, agreement, and excitement among employees
- Innovative ways to bridge generations and create opportunities for G2 through G5
- How the process of driving product and channel innovation differs in family and non-family businesses