DWT Digital Counsel associates George Wukoson and Jeremy Chase participated in theNew York Technology Council’s 4th session “Legal Essentials for Startups.” This four-part program was designed to provide entrepreneurs and principals of early-stage companies and emerging growth companies with a grounding in fundamental legal issues that can critically affect their likelihood of success.
In this session, “Intellectual Property Protection” focused on intellectual property protection issues for early stage companies such as:
- The fundamentals of copyright, trademark, patent and other forms of intellectual property (IP) protection
- Securing IP rights from founders, employees, consultants and vendors
- Common IP issues related to software and user-generated content
- Protecting your IP from infringement
- Avoiding infringement of third-party IP