Learn how to implement the new Oregon law and the upcoming City of Portland Ban the Box ordinance. These laws differ and involve more than simply prohibiting questions about criminal convictions on your application form. We cover the approved questions, the appropriate timing and the limitations under local, state and federal laws on the use of criminal history in employment decisions.
- How to implement the new and upcoming laws
- Dos and Don'ts for employers
- Timing your conversations around convictions
- Appropriate questions state by state
- Discuss the "individualized assessment" related to each job
Chrys A. Martin, Employment Law Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine
Moira Farnsworth, HR Advisor, Boly:Welch