"Federal Regulatory and Enforcement Initiatives Impacting Prepaid Industry: The Latest Developments and How to Develop a Framework Given Emerging and Newer Technology," National Forum on Prepaid Card Compliance, American Conference Institute, Washington, D.C.
American Conference Institute’s 17th National Forum on Prepaid Card Compliance brings together an unparalleled faculty of regulatory and enforcement officials, compliance experts from industry leaders, and outside counsel specializing in prepaid card regulatory compliance who will provide you with best practices and targeted guidance in these most uncertain times for the industry.
DWT partner Andy Lorentz spoke on this panel that covered:
- Recent federal regulatory and enforcement activities
- What are regulators focusing on currently?
- The latest legislative developments in Washington
- Best practices for working with regulators to determine how best to meet compliance obligations
- A practical, how-to guide for preparing for examinations by different regulatory agencies: CFPB, FinCEN, FDIC, etc.
- Regulatory focus on bank oversight of program managers
- Best practices for supervisory oversight of prepaid programs
- Given that innovation will continue due to consumer demand, what kind of regulatory framework makes sense especially with newer technology?