"Franchise Law Essentials," Lawline
This online course, presented by Rochelle Spandorf, of Davis Wright Tremaine’s Los Angeles office, chair of the firm’s National Franchise Practice Group, explains the fundamentals of U.S. franchise laws, including how to recognize when a license, dealer, or distribution agreement is really a franchise.
- Understand what a franchise is and the distinctions between a franchise and a non-franchise license
- Review the basics of franchise sales laws, including the function of the franchise disclosure document, legal duties in franchise registration states, ongoing franchise sales compliance responsibilities, and the regulation of financial performance representations
- Comprehend the role of state franchise relationship laws
- Draft effective franchise agreements
- Identify key concerns in representing franchisees, with reference to important franchise cases and enforcement decisions