What do writers need to know about contracts? Or Intellectual Property? How about collaborations between authors? Turns out, there’s a lot of legal issues that writers and self-publishers should be aware of. Some of the topics discussed were:
- Book and film/TV contract law — the basics
- Bad literary agents — how to tell incompetent/scam agents from good ones
- Editing services — the good and the bad
- Legitimate POD (print-on-demand) and self-publishing businesses versus fraudulent “vanity publishing” houses
- How to protect your ideas — and avoid idea theft!
- Age, gender, and racial discrimination basics