"Washington Employment Law Deskbook," Davis Wright Tremaine, 21st Ed.
Human resources professionals, in-house attorneys, and business-owners have come to rely on the Deskbook to provide practical guidance across a range of complex employment topics. The Deskbook provides clear and concise explanations of legal requirements, sample employment policies and forms, and links to useful government websites to use for quick reference.
- State and municipal sick and safe leaves
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Washington Family Leave, and Maternity Disability Leave
- Noncompete, nondisclosure, and nonsolicitation agreements
- Protection of employee information, and other privacy issues
- Drug testing, substance abuse, and marijuana use in Washington state
- Preventing employment discrimination and model anti-discrimination policies
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) claims, the integrative process, and reasonable accommodations
- Immigration issues, including worker eligibility and “no match” situations
- Labor issues facing union and nonunion employers
- Conducting effective workplace investigations
- Wage and hour issues, such as overtime and the interplay of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and the WMWA
- Layoffs, WARN Act compliance, and unemployment compensation
- Occupational safety, health compliance, and accident prevention
- Garnishment and other wage levies