"Artificial Intelligence in Media, Entertainment and Newsgathering: Legal Issues You Didn’t Know You Have," Davis Wright Tremaine LLP, New York, N.Y.
From deep learning to deep fakes, the emergence of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in media, entertainment and newsgathering is presenting both unparalleled opportunities and unique challenges. At the same time, the rapid adoption and integration of this technology into newsrooms and content production studios is presenting new questions for the legal counsel supporting those operations.
Are AI-driven bots that communicate with humans entitled to First Amendment protections? Are works developed by AI entitled to IP protections? How do questions of bias, ethics and transparency apply in these circumstances?
During this event, our panel attempted to tackle these and other questions.
- Ava Lubell, General Counsel, Quartz
- Lance Koonce, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine
- Robyn Caplan, Affiliate, Data & Society
- Alison Schary, Associate, Davis Wright Tremaine
- K.C. Halm, Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine