Panelist, "Hot Topics in Communications Law: Section 230, Commercial Speech, and Anti-SLAPP Law," Communications Law in the Digital Age, New York, N.Y.
Unlike any other program, Communications Law in the Digital Age 2019 is a comprehensive, "one-stop shop," providing the legal, strategic, and practical knowledge needed to keep apace with these areas of law and technology.
Topics at this panel included:
- Can social media platforms be sued for "de-platforming?"
- Does Section 230 protect Amazon from product liability suits?
- How will the 9th Circuit adapt to the Supreme Court's rejection of its government-friendlyZauderer test?
- With successive losses in Washington, Charleston and Savannah, have government tour-guide licensing restrictions become obsolete?
- Are the days of applying anti-SLAPP statues in federal court numbered?
- Will the Texas anti-SLAPP amendments lead courts and legislators to limit anti-SLAPP laws in other states?