Program Chair, IoT Successes and Challenges: Commercial and Industrial Uses, Davis Wright Tremaine/Washington IoT Council, Bellevue, Wash.
The Washington IoT Council serves as the voice of the IoT industry in the Northwest and aims to further grow the Northwest as one of the worldwide centers of the IoT/AI sector. At this half-day conference, hosted by DWT, presenters focused on how serving the growing demand for commercial and industrial IoT/AI solutions, and the challenges and likely future direction of our industry.
Attendees and speakers include some of the biggest players in IoT, Microsoft, Amazon and T-Mobile, as well as growing companies who are becoming leaders in the space.
Session 1: Future trends affecting the growth of IoT, including 5G and the proliferation of AI and data solutions coupled with IoT applications.
Overview: Dave McCarthy, Director, Edge Strategies, IDC
Moderator: Jim Brisimitzis, Managing Partner, Quake Capital Partners
- Daniel Herb, Director of Product, Vapor IO
- Adam Benzion, Venture Capital, Avnet
- Erin Raney, Sr. Director Network Technology and Innovation, T-Mobile
- Cassio Tiete, Vice President of Cloud Business Development, Aeris Communications
Session 2: Lessons learned and challenges from past and existing applications.
Customers' and Suppliers' perspective on IoT. What we have learned to date and what has gone wrong and well? Portability of applications, federated connectivity and other issues.
Moderator: Rob Tiffany, VP and Global Head of IoT Strategy, Ericsson
- Kevin Tate, Chief Revenue Officer, Rigado
- Jereme Haack, Software Engineer, PNNL
- Rich Rogers, CEO, Xemelgo
- Brennan McReynolds, Senior Vice President, Global Product Lead, CBRE/Host
- Olawale Oladehin, Worldwide Technical Leader, IoT, Amazon Web Services
Session 3: The evolution of IoT from remote monitoring to integrated solutions with analytics for digital transformation.
Moderator: Tom Davis, Azure IoT Business Acceleration, Ecosystem and Strategic Partnerships, Microsoft
- Simon Crosby, Chief Technology Officer, Swim AI
- Davide Vigano, CEO, Sensoria
- Steve Banfield, Inspirational C-level executive and board member for connected vehicle, mobility and smart cities companies
- Cheryl Scott, Sr. Director of Business Analytics, Data Monetization & Marketplace, HERE Technologies
Session 4: Sector analysis of IoT applications
What sectors have succeeded in best deploying AI and why? Where has success been more difficult? What factors could change these patterns?
Moderator: Mark Mueller-Eberstein, CEO & Founder, Adgetec Corporation
- Ron Zink, Board Member, Washington State IoT Council
- Matt Rose, CEO, Apana
- Erin Rothman, CEO & Co-Founder, StormSensor, Inc.
- John Traynor, CEO, FreePoint Technologies
- CJ Boguszewski, Director of Market Development, ARM
Session 5: Investor Perspective on IoT
Perspectives on the future by VCs from the Northwest and Silicon Valley and strategic investors: What should we be thinking about as the future great companies and products for IoT/AI?
Moderator: Len Jordan, Managing Director, Madrona Venture Group
- David Kereiakes, Partner, Providence Ventures
- Moe Kermani, Managing Partner Vanedge Capital Partners
- Chetan Sharma, CEO Chetan Sharma Consulting