Panelist, "CARES Act: Employee Benefits Provisions, DOL Guidance, Relief for Sponsors of Certain Plans and Pensions," Strafford webinar
In this CLE webinar from Strafford, DWT counsel Lisette Sell and other panelists provided employee benefits counsel, sponsors, and administrators with an in-depth analysis of the impact of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act on employee benefit plans. The panel discussed critical provisions of the CARES Act for plan sponsors and administrators, the impact on qualified retirement plans and pensions, the expansions for group health plans, and the authority of the U.S. Department of Labor. The panel also discussed critical next steps for employers in light of the CARES Act.
- Impact of CARES Act on retirement plans and pensions
- Impact of CARES Act, FFCRA on health and welfare plans
- Critical issues and guidance for plan fiduciaries
- Best practices and next steps for employers and administrators
The panel reviewed these and other key issues:
- What are the key provisions of the CARES Act impacting employee benefits plans?
- What is the interplay between provisions of the CARES Act and the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)?
- What obstacles arise for plan fiduciaries and what are best practices to overcome them?
- What are the critical next steps for employers and plan administrators to take in light of COVID-19, the CARES Act, and FFCRA?