Panelist, "Right of Publicity and Related Claims," Communications Law in the Digital Age 2020, PLI webinar
DWT partner Kelli Sager joined a panel of industry experts to discuss issues related to the right of publicity and related claims.
Topics of this discussion included:
- Has Fan Duel and Keller been reconciled?
- Are docudramas and other expressive works within the purview of state laws, or are they uses not for “commercial” or “trade” purposes?
- Does the First Amendment protect false depictions from publicity claims?
- How will concerns over AI, deepfakes and related technology impact right of publicity law?
- What qualifies as a “use” for publicity purposes, particularly in the context of non-celebrities?