"New York Health and Essential Rights Act (HERO Act) What Employers Need to Know," Davis Wright Tremaine webinar
On May 5th, Governor Cuomo signed into law the New York Health and Essential Rights Act (HERO Act) requiring all New York employers to implement certain health and safety standards and to adopt a prevention plan to address the spread of COVID-19 and other airborne infectious diseases in the workplace.
DWT partner Roy Salins and DWT associate Rodrigo Tranamil held an in-depth discussion of the HERO Act, and provided an overview of the new law and practical tips for compliance. Covered topics included:
- New Workplace Health and Safety Standards
- Requirements for a Prevention Plan
- Employee Workplace Safety Committees
- Anti-Retaliation Provisions and Refusals to Work
- Private Right of Action for Non-Compliance