"HIPAA Privacy Rule Proposed Changes," Strafford, CLE Webinar
DWT partner Adam Greene was invited by Strafford Publications to co-present a nationwide Webinar on "HIPAA Privacy Rule Proposed Changes." This CLE webinar guided healthcare counsel through key proposed changes to the HIPAA Privacy Rule. The panel will discuss how these changes potentially will impact healthcare providers and others in the healthcare industry.
- Overview and status of the rulemaking
- Individual right to access, including identity verification
- Care coordination and case management—including the minimum necessary exception and disclosures to community-based entities that are not healthcare providers
- Criteria for permissibly disclosing PHI – good faith belief, risk of harm standard
- Notice of privacy practices
- Disclosures for telecommunications relay services, Armed Forces, and other changes
The panel reviewed these and other key questions:
- How do the proposed changes impact individual access rights under HIPAA?
- What new flexibilities and burdens can covered entities and business associates expect under the rulemaking?
- What changes to policies, procedures, and forms will covered entities and business associates need to make?