"Auditing AI-Driven Employment Tools and Complying with NYC’s New Law," Davis Wright Tremaine Webinar
New York City has passed the first law in the United States that will require employers to conduct audits of automated decision-making tools used to evaluate job candidates or employees. The law will require employers to conduct “bias audits” for software-driven tools that substantially assist in making decisions to hire or promote candidates for employment. The law also mandates various disclosures about the use and attributes of such tools. In this webinar, our attorneys and guest speakers discuss the scope of the new law and provide guidance on key issues including:
- What is required for covered employers?
- What type of employers and candidates are covered?
- What "tools" are covered?
- What sort of audit is required?
- What must employers disclose?
- What should employers be doing now to comply with the new law?
The program featured one hour of substantive presentation, followed by a question and answer period. Attendees were encouraged to submit questions in advance of this webinar.
(On-demand versions are not eligible for CLE credit.)