"What Did I Miss in 2021 and What Do I Need to Know in 2022?," Annual Employee Benefits and Employment Law Seminar, Davis Wright Tremaine Webinar
In this presentation, our speakers provided an overview of the important case law decisions from 2021 and analyze key employment law issues, including workplace health and safety, wage and hour, accommodations, and remote work. The speakers discussed legal updates from Washington, California, and New York, and examined the major themes for employment law practitioners in 2022.
- 2021 Year in Review – Case law and legal updates
- What were the biggest issues for employment law practitioners in 2021?
- Workplace health and safety
- Wage and hour: monitoring non-exempt employees
- Accommodation requests
- Remote work
- Federal, State, & Local Developments
- Change in arbitration agreements in CA
- Mask mandates and legalized cannabis in NY
- WA State update
- What are the major themes in 2022?
- Pivoting from remote work
- Managing the return to the office
- Hypothetical Scenarios
(On-demand versions are not eligible for CLE credit.)