After three months of twice-weekly virtual workshops and getting to know one another on Slack, we brought the nine amazing founders in our Tech Equity Hub to New York to meet our Project W community. During their visit, the founders:
- Introduced themselves to over 70 champions of female founders at a pitch evening on October 3 hosted by SAP.iO
- Each received a $5,000 grant underwritten by Antares Capital REACH and Davis Wright Tremaine
- Spent a morning with Improv Creatives learning how to be nimble, inclusive, and creative on their feet
- Had lunch and exchanged stories with founders in the Visible Hands cohort
- Heard the VC perspective from Cat Hernandez, partner at The Venture Collective
- And built bonds that will last a lifetime
This doesn’t happen without the support of a community. We are deeply grateful to all our corporate sponsors, our faculty and mentors, and the champions of underrepresented founders in the Project W community who joined us on October 3 to cheer on our founders. And, of course, we are deeply grateful to our founders, whose courage, commitment and creativity inspire us to do this work.