Dylan O. Adams
As a patent attorney, Dylan O. Adams helps companies of all sizes protect their important ideas and inventions, with clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to startups to Shark Tank winners.
He has experience with U.S. and foreign patents on a wide variety of technology, including robotics, software, computer hardware and devices, e-commerce, mechanical devices, and designs. His technical background includes graduate work in wireless communications, smartphone applications, computer learning, robot manipulators, digital signal processing, and computer communication networks.
Dylan is the author of "Patents Demystified," which is a book that provides inventors, startups and entrepreneurs an insider's guide to the patent process. It has been recognized as a #1 Amazon best seller in patent books and intellectual property books and is an official patent guide of the American Bar Association. "Patents Demystified" is also in use at top universities including Harvard, Stanford, and M.I.T. He has been featured as a patent expert on CNBC's hit show "The Profit" with Marcus Lemonis.
Admitted to Practice
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 2008
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, 2007, cum laude
- Law Review
- CALI Award, Excellence in Intellectual Property
M.S.E.E., University of Washington, 2013
B.S., Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of California, Davis, 2004
- Selected to “Washington Rising Stars,” Thomson Reuters, 2010-2011, 2015-2019
- Associate Patent Attorney, Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, Seattle, 2013-2015 (head of patent prosecution for Seattle office)
- Associate Patent Attorney, Graybeal Jackson PLLC, Bellevue, Wash., 2009-2012
- Patent Attorney, Axios Law Group PLLC, Seattle, 2007-2009
- Patent Agent, Paramount Patents LLC, Seattle, 2005-2007