Elaine's No Dabbler Details
Hometown: Newberg, Ore.
What’s your sweet spot as it relates to this industry?
Land use and permitting
What was your favorite food as a kid?
If you couldn’t be a lawyer, what would you be?
Why is food/bev/ag your chosen industry?
I like supporting a growing industry that contributes to the economic development of our region and combines both urban and rural interests.
What book or song inspires you the most, and why?
Grown Woman, Beyonce
What is your favorite quote?
"Talk is cheap, whiskey costs money."
What is your favorite food travel destination, and why?
Hmm, so many! Pacific Northwest coast for seafood and oysters or Mexico for spicy Mexican food.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Oregon School of Law, 2005
- Editor in Chief, Journal of Environmental Law and Litigation, 2004-2005
B.S., Environmental Studies and General Science, University of Oregon, 2000
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board Chair, Sustainable Northwest, 2013-present
- Board Member, Northwest Cider Association, 2015-2017
- Former Board Chair, Proud Ground, 2011-2014
- Former Board Member, Ashland Independent Film Festival, 2014-2016
- Named one of the "Best Lawyers in America" in Energy and Land Use and Zoning Law by Best Lawyers, 2021-present
- Selected as Portland's "Lawyer of The Year" in Energy Law by Best Lawyers, 2023
- Named as one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Oregon), 2020-2022; Named an "Up and Coming Lawyer" in Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use (Oregon), 2019
- Selected to "Oregon Rising Stars" in Land Use/Zoning, Energy & Natural Resources, Environmental, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2018