Zach Allen advises technology companies in transactions with an emphasis on negotiating contracts at the intersection of technology and communications. His practice also includes inbound and outbound licensing, hardware and software distribution, online sales, and large-scale telecommunications system deployment. He enjoys finding practical and creative ways to get deals done.
Technology and Communications Agreements
- Negotiating and advising on master agreements for technology companies to obtain communications services and related hardware to integrate into their products, including drafting templates for new business models.
- Reviewing existing agreements and drafting revised templates—including outbound licenses—for post-acquisition integration of cloud network solutions provider with client's contracting scheme.
- Led large project to develop vendor and customer agreements for communications platform product, including coordination of advice from telecommunications regulatory experts and input from multiple client stakeholders.
Licensing, Distribution, Terms of Service, and Purchase Agreements
- Drafted terms and provided negotiation advice for large-scale reseller agreements.
- Negotiated agreements for third-party software testing and marketing of results.
- Drafted and advised on agreements for distribution of enterprise hardware, including coordinating effort with EU competition law experts.
- Prepared terms of service for enterprise and startup companies selling via their mobile properties, apps, and distribution networks, including template for practice group use.
- Drafted terms for app developers to sell through the client's web storefront.
- Negotiated master purchase agreements, including cloud services, software, hardware, and professional services addenda.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2010
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2007
- Charter Treasurer, Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- Baker & Hostetler LLP, Houston, Texas and Seattle, 2012-2019