Kevin Badgley helps clients reach practical conclusions in the financing, acquisition, and disposition of commercial real estate. Kevin’s experience representing both borrowers and lenders gives him insight into both parties’ respective goals, allowing him to work collaboratively with others toward an efficient closing. He focuses on learning clients’ priorities at the outset of a transaction so that he can concentrate on the terms and issues that are important.
Kevin regularly counsels real estate owners, investors, developers, and joint ventures in the acquisition and disposition of a wide variety of properties across the country. In addition, he represents national banks, finance companies, and borrowers in commercial lending and asset-based financing transactions, as well as construction loans and the financing of low-income housing projects. Kevin also has experience advising on real estate matters in corporate mergers and acquisitions.
Alaska-based multibillion-dollar real estate portfolio
Affordable housing finance
Admitted to Practice
J.D., University of Michigan Law School, 2014, cum laude
- Student Attorney, Community and Economic Development Clinic
- Editorial Board, Michigan Business and Entrepreneurial Law Review
B.A., Political Science/Pre-Law and Criminal Justice, Michigan State University, 2011
- Member, Honor’s College
- Listed among "Associates to Watch" by Chambers USA in Real Estate (Washington), 2022
- Selected to a list of "Ones to Watch" in Banking and Finance Law (Seattle), Best Lawyers, 2021-2024; in Real Estate Law, 2024
- Associate, Jaffe Raitt Heuer & Weiss, Detroit, 2014