Desktop Image: Broadwell, Scott
Mobile Image: Broadwell, Scott
Scott Broadwell is well-versed in the legal and technical issues posed by contaminated sites and, thanks to a prior career as a geologist and environmental consultant, is well-positioned to assist clients on all phases of due diligence, site investigation, site remediation, and cost recovery. When matters are headed toward or go to litigation, Scott looks for opportunities for efficient and timely resolutions. Scott’s clients comprise a broad range of commercial and industrial businesses, such as those facing potential liability at sites with complex technical issues and histories with potentially responsible parties.
Cost recovery and contribution
Successful resolution and continuing representation of clients in multiple cases including allegations under Washington, Oregon, Alaska, and federal law at sites involving the United States and multiple PRPs.
Assist clients in responding to enforcement actions, negotiating consent decrees, and continuing compliance in connection with alleged air and stormwater permit violations.
Successful resolution, including through trial, of matters before Alaska and federal courts and the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Admitted to Practice
J.D., Lewis & Clark Law School, 2006, cum laude
- Notes & Comments Editor, Environmental Law Review
- Natural Resource Law Institute/Kitzhaber Center Law and Science Roundtable Scholar
- Certificate, Environmental and Natural Resource Law
M.S., Geology, University of Alaska Fairbanks, 2001
B.S., Geology, New Mexico State University, 1994, with high honors
B.A., German, New Mexico State University, 1994, with high honors
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, Renewable Energy Alaska Project (REAP)
- Member, Alaska Association of Professional Landmen (AKAPL)
- Named one of "America's Leading Lawyers for Business" by Chambers USA in Natural Resources & Environment Law (Alaska), 2021-2022
Your search returned no results. Please try another search or remove search criteria.