Maria T. Browne
Maria Browne represents cable, telecommunications, and broadband service providers in matters related to infrastructure deployment, including with regard to pole attachments and access to public rights-of-way. She also advises companies on compliance with laws and regulations governing communications and digital technology companies, including those requiring technology, services and equipment to be accessible to persons with disabilities.
Maria has appeared before the FCC and state regulatory bodies in numerous states including Connecticut, California, Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Washington, D.C., Vermont, and Virginia. She routinely works with local counsel to help secure favorable outcomes on behalf of her clients before state and federal courts.
Represents clients before the FCC and state public-service commissions in disputes and rulemaking proceedings concerning broadband infrastructure deployment, including with respect to pole attachment rates, terms, and conditions. Negotiates legally compliant pole attachment and conduit occupancy agreements with utilities nationwide. Advises clients concerning the legality of pole attachment rates, terms, and conditions and state and local requirements governing access to public rights-of-way and private easements. Assists in drafting legislation and ordinances pertaining to infrastructure deployment.
Federal Communications Commission
State Public Service Commission
Additional Representative Matters
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 1993
J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 1992
B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1989
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Women in Cable & Telecommunications
- Volunteer, Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless
- Runner/Volunteer, Team Hoyt
- Volunteer, KEEN
- Usher, Historic Christ Church, Alexandria, Va.
- Committee Member, UVA Parents Fund
- "John M. Davis Award," Davis Wright Tremaine, 2021
- Awarded "AV Preeminent Rating" by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, 2017-2019
- Named to "Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll" by the D.C. Court of Appeals and the D.C. Superior Court, 2012-2013, 2016, 2018-2019, 2022; High Honors 2016