Maria Browne advises and advocates on behalf of telecommunications companies before courts, the FCC, state public service commissions, and local regulatory bodies in matters related to broadband infrastructure deployment. She also advises companies concerning compliance with FCC rules (including parts 2, 5, 15, 76, and 79) as well as laws governing accessibility of communications and video programming to persons with disabilities. Maria also assists clients with other FCC regulatory matters, including commercial leased access, children’s television programming, emergency alert systems, and RF licensing requirements.
Maria provides compliance advice and represents clients in disputed cases before the FCC and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies. She has appeared before state regulatory bodies in Connecticut, California, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Washington, D.C., Vermont, Virginia, and Florida, and helped behind the scenes in various other states.
Review and analyze pole attachment and conduit occupancy rates, terms, and conditions and advise clients concerning the legality of such rates, terms, and conditions under federal and state laws; negotiate legally compliant pole attachment rates, terms, and conditions; advise clients concerning state and local requirements governing access to public rights-of-way and private easements; and represent clients before the FCC and state public-service commissions in disputes and rulemaking proceedings concerning pole attachment rates, terms, and conditions.
Federal Communications Commission
State Public Service Commission
Additional Representative Matters
Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia, 1993
J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 1992
B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1989
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- Women in Cable & Telecommunications
- Volunteer, Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless
- Team Hoyt Runner/Volunteer
- KEEN Volunteer
- Usher, Historic Christ Church, Alexandria, Va.
- UVA Parents Fund Committee Member
- Received the "John M. Davis Award," Davis Wright Tremaine, 2021
- Awarded AV Preeminent rating by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory, 2017-2019
- Named to "Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll" by the D.C. Court of Appeals and the D.C. Superior Court, 2012-2013